Compare the advantages and disadvantages of synchronous machines with capacitorsQPC
Table of Contents
Advantages and disadvantages of synchronous machines with capacitors:
– Solid construction.
– Synchronous compensators work depending on the excitation mode, can provide or consume reactive power of the grid, so it is also used to adjust voltage for very good power.
– As a static device, it is easy to install, operate and maintain .
– Made in small units, so the assembly is convenient according to the requirements of the load and high efficiency.
– Solid construction with an automatic shutdown device when there is a problem, placed in an aluminum electrical cabinet with protection
– Low power consumption.
– Low cost.
– As a rotating electric machine, it is difficult to assemble, operate and maintain
– Usually manufactured with large capacity, so it is only suitable in places where concentrated compensation is required with large capacity.
– Consumes a lot of power.
– High investment and maintenance costs
– Sensitive to voltage fluctuations when harmonics appear to overcome this, it is possible to install more reactors to filter harmonics to better protect capacitors.