Factory power saving solution with capacitorsQPC
1. Reduce electricity costs by using capacitors:
– Capacitors improve power factor bring many technical advantages and economic benefits, in which electricity bills are significantly reduced.
– According to regulations on limited electricity use. The consumption of reactive energy exceeds 40% of active energy (tgᵠ > 0.4) then the energy user must pay monthly at the current price.
– The total reactive energy charged for the time of use will be:
KVAr (payable) = KWh(tgᵠ – 0.4)
2. Solutions to save factory electricity with capacitor cabinets:
– Improved power factor for allowing users to use smaller transformers, switchgear, and cables,… At the same time minimizing power loss and reducing voltage drops in the network electricity.
– High power factor allows users to optimize power supply equipment, then electrical devices do not need redundant ratings. For best performance, it is necessary to place a capacitor next to devices that consume reactive power.
3. Power factor improvement with compensating capacitors:
– To improve the power factor of the power grid, a set of capacitor is needed as a source of reactive power, also known as a way of reactive power compensation.
– Inductive loads with low power factor will receive reactive components from the generator to the distribution transmission system. This leads to power loss and voltage drop.
– When connecting compensation capacitors in parallel with the load, the current with the capacitance of the compensation capacitor will have the same path as the inductive component of the load current, therefore , these two currents will cancel each other out LC = LL. Thus, there will be no reactive current through the grid in front of the capacitor position.
In addition to the power saving solution with capacitors, you can also save electricity by choosing select conductor for capacitors, other suitable electrical equipment.